Saturday, August 25, 2012

Truth in Advertising

This morning I am thinking about the time I saw a bright red neon sign that said, “Ice Cold Coke” in a bookstore window. It was a hot afternoon, and I was very tired. So, those three words inspired me to head in that direction with hope of finding some relief. After making the trek across the campus, however, I was sorely disappointed when I saw another sign on the door. This sign had not been
visible from a distance. It said, “Closed.” Reflecting on that experience makes me ever so mindful of the messages I am sending out to others. When I speak of my hope, joy, peace, and strength in Christ, I realize I am advertising something that may catch someone’s eye. Perhaps, in their weariness, they will feel compelled to draw closer with hope of finding some relief. I pray for a heart of compassion that is never “closed” to sharing of His abundant grace, through which even the weariest souls may be refreshed, revived, and restored.

Original post date:  July 28, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment