Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Registry

This morning I am thinking about the joy and excitement in anticipating the arrival of something wonderful. In September, my daughter and son-in-law (Arielle and Jermaine) will become parents to my very first grandchild! Later today, they are going to be lavished with gifts from family and friends who wish to share in celebrating this happy occasion at a baby shower. When I came through the door after shopping for gifts, my mom asked, “Well, did you leave anything for anybody else to get?” I simply answered, “I am the Grandmother.” As I was filling up my cart with items from their registry, I imagined the loving thought that had gone into each item Ari and Jermaine selected. Every gift was evidence that they have already begun to envision life with their new baby boy. As the time draws nearer, and Ari’s belly gets bigger and rounder, the reality of their impending parenthood is confirmed. So, they are getting prepared. As I reflected on this, I felt compelled to ask myself some questions: What wonderful things am I anticipating? Have I begun to envision life with the things for which I have been praying and believing? Do I recognize the signs and evidence of my impending breakthrough? Am I getting prepared? After pondering these things, I grabbed one of my journals and I started to record my registry. I began listing the gifts that I know I’ll need, including wisdom, kindness, and integrity. Then I lifted up my registry list in prayer. I am quite confident that my God will supply every single thing on my registry, and He’ll do it gladly. After all, He is the Father.

Original post date:  August 11, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment