Saturday, August 25, 2012

Broken to Let the Good Stuff Out

This morning I am thinking about what my friend, Vernaye, posted on my Facebook timeline. She wrote: "...at a time in your life when you have had a great disappointment and sadness you are really showing your focus is on Christ..." I remember my beloved brother and pastor once saying, "When we are broken, God can let the 'good stuff' He has placed inside us flow out to bless others." He used the analogy of an olive, which has to be pierced to get the oil (symbolic of the anointing) out. I really want that to be the case with me in this season. I pray that my focus will, indeed, be on Christ. My present sorrow is temporary, but His glory, goodness, wisdom, and faithfulness are eternal. Amen.

Original post date:  July 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment