Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flash Mobs of Favor

This morning I am thinking about flash mobs.  Everything starts out looking normal…just ordinary.  People are going about their business, and nothing seems particularly unusual.  Then, all of a sudden, unsuspecting onlookers are immersed in a lively scene of sound, sights, music, and movement.  It becomes quickly evident that what is unfolding is no accident.  It is the result of an intentional, carefully thought out and choreographed plan designed to delight and inspire.  It brings a smile to my heart today as I recall times in my life when, as if out of nowhere, I found myself encompassed in a flash mob of God’s love, grace, and favor toward me.  Sometimes, within an instant, my day has gone from mundane to marvelous.
 
• I got a call or visit from an old friend. 
• My boss commended me for a job well done. 
• A favorite song came on the radio with a message I needed to hear. 
• A fellow believer gave me a word of exhortation. 
• I caught all green lights on the way to the store AND found a close parking spot. 
• I received a kind word from a complete stranger. 
• A prayer was answered.

I am filled with awe and thankfulness to think about how my Father carefully, thoughtfully, purposefully, and lovingly arranges such circumstances just for me.  He sends them when Ieast expected, but most needed…to delight, inspire, refresh, and encourage me on my journey of faith.  He sends them just to say, “Don’t give up.  I am mindful of you, and I love you.”          

No comments:

Post a Comment