Saturday, August 25, 2012

Still Learning

This morning, I am thinking about something a colleague shared. One of her students had come to her to get help with a story he was writing. He asked her, "How do you spell 'mo'?" She came back with one of her standard responses, "Use it in a sentence." His sentence was, "I want some mo." Ever so eager to take advantage of this teaching moment, she said, "Honey, the word is 'more,' and it's spelled m-o-r-e." After a polite pause, the student asked, "But, how do you spell 'mo'?'" I realize that this is how it is sometimes when I go to my Teacher with questions when I don't understand. Often He has already given me the answer. It's just that my understanding and experiences, so far, have conditioned me think the answer should (or could) be something else. Often He is saying to me, "Honey, the word is 'trust,' and it's spelled t-r-u-s-t." #stilllearning

Original post date:  July 24, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment