Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sequels

This morning I am thinking about sequels. In the way that a movie ends, there may be cues--some subtle and others not so subtle--that there's still more to the story. Last weekend, a "final scene" was cleverly placed after the movie's credits had rolled, and some people had already left the theater. Had we been among the first to rush out, we would have missed it. At times in my life I have been so overwhelmed by sadness, disappointment, or frustration at the apparent ending of a situation that I've missed the signs that said, "It's not over yet." Today I am asking God to open my eyes and ears to discern the sequels in my life. I don't want to abandon even one more dream or cease to believe for His fulfillment of the desires of my heart as I delight myself in Him. So, I will be on the lookout for the reappearance of "characters" that I thought had been killed off. I will listen intently to words that are spoken. I will practice being still and just waiting for a while to see what He will show me to say, "That's not the end. There is more to come."

Original post date:  July 21, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment