Monday, October 1, 2012
Indisputable Visual Evidence
This morning I am thinking about viewing things through the eyes of faith in God’s promises, rather than the judgments and opinions of people. There was a play during the Sunday Night Football game in which a catch was ruled incomplete. But the call was challenged. The game commentators initially agreed with the ruling on the field, convinced that they had seen the ball hit the ground and bounce up into the receiver’s chest. They went on about how there would have to be “indisputable visual evidence” to justify overturning the call. After review, the call actually was reversed. It was ruled that the play had resulted in a catch after all. As I watched the instant replay, I could see that the ball had indeed, bounced up into the receiver’s chest…right off his hands, which had been underneath the ball! As I pondered this, I was quickened in my spirit with excitement. (This often happens when I am in tune to the lessons being presented to me.) While I don’t consider my life as altogether analogous to a Sunday Night football game would, I can certainly relate that overturned call to my experience in a significant way. Each day I endeavor to learn, grow, change, and become the person God has designed and purposed me to be. Attached to my purpose are specific “plays” that are assigned to me—acts of service, of encouragement, of kindness, of leadership, of unconditional love and support to others. My role in each play is part of a larger, overall game plan designed to bring light, healing, wholeness, freedom, and power to the lives of those who are DESTINED TO WIN. Up until now, I have certainly had many calls that were not in my favor. Up until now, I just let some of these adverse calls go. Perhaps I made a “catch”…established a connection and ministered to someone who was broken and hurting…but I was told that it didn’t count because my foot was over the line of religious tradition. Or maybe I was running well, but “dropped the ball”…lost my confidence, or my patience, or my temper…so it was determined that every bit of progress gained was nullified because I fumbled. As it was during the Sunday Night Football game, there have been “commentators” who were quick to pass judgment on me…convinced of my failure to make the play. BUT, starting now, I am going to exercise my right to challenge such calls against me. I am going to appeal to the ultimate Field Judge. I rejoice with confidence, knowing that the “instant replay” is framed by His Word and His faithfulness. There will be indisputable visual evidence that my foot is never over the line of His grace. And, despite what it looks like, there will be indisputable visual evidence that there is no fumbling as long as I am on my knees. Game on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment