Thursday, October 25, 2012

Closet Cleaning

This morning I am thinking about how it is time to clean out the "closet" of my life, as it has been up until now. At first glance, all I could see was a full closet, which gave an appearance of completeness. However, when I viewed it through a prayerful, meditative lens I could see some things that no longer belong. I will discard outfits that are small, narrow, and imprinted with tacky patterns of immature thinking and speaking which I have outgrown. I will toss out the heavy coats of doubt and fear, because my garment of praise shields me without constricting...and it is appropriate for all seasons. Also, there are shoes of experience I will give away to others who will be coming along the paths I have travelled. This requires letting go, which is not always easy. However, I will create space to receive the amazing blessings God has perfectly prepared for the woman I have become.

Original post date: July 1, 2012

2 comments: