Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What If?

This morning, I am thinking about "WHAT IF's." Quite often, I have directed these words backwards: WHAT IF I had said this, or WHAT IF I had done that? I realize that posing such questions is cruel, exhausting, and ultimately futile. Those answers are securely sealed in my past, beyond my reach and veiled from my understanding. So, I have determined to direct my "WHAT IF's" toward the future. WHAT IF I start writing my first book? WHAT IF I hang in there and finish my doctoral program? WHAT IF I prepare myself to marry a wonderful man who will know me well and love me anyway? :-) WHAT IF I thoughtfully take advantage of opportunities to bless others every day? These and other questions are calling me forward with faith, hope, and purpose. I am so excited about seeing the answers revealed.

Original post date:  July 16, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment