Wednesday, October 10, 2012
A Spontaneous Sanctuary
This morning I am thinking about my time at the beach last evening. As I sat alone, a light, gentle breeze ushered me into a spontaneous spiritual sanctuary. The sky, robed in colors of purple, blue, pink, and orange offered a call to worship, and I yielded myself to this sacred invocation. A congregation of angels and a “great cloud of witnesses,” which were imperceptible to my natural eyes, testified about God’s majesty, holiness, grace, and love. The choir of seabirds belted out their songs of rejoicing, uninhibited…some call and response and some solo. The water, in its expanse and depth, preached to me of God’s unfathomable mercy, grace, wisdom, power, and faithfulness. When I uttered my prayers of intercession and supplication, I knew that I had been heard. All the way home, I continued to pour out my offering, freely and cheerfully—a sacrifice of praise in song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment