Side note: Whenever
God blesses my life with the gift of other people, I now know that we can take
our collective zeros and place them, not in front or between, but behind
us. In doing so, we can grow together!
Thursday, September 19, 2013
The Zeros
This morning I am thinking about the “zeros” in my life. I’m speaking of the boneheaded decisions, the
colossal screw-ups, and the epic fails that ultimately resulted in nothing
fruitful. To use a math analogy, I have
come to see that these zeros are much like empty placeholders in my memory and
experience. In math, it matters greatly
where one chooses to place zeros in a number.
Likewise, it matters greatly where I choose to position life’s zeros in my
heart, mind, and soul as I move forward into my destiny. First, it is absolutely critical that I
perceive myself as a whole number, rather than a decimal. When I take on a decimal perspective, I continually
think of myself as less than what I am meant to be (weak, incomplete and
unfulfilled, broken). If I am
decimal-minded, I tend to keep my zeros ever before me. I will rehearse and rehash them. And, the more zeros I place before me, the
more I decrease. Conversely, when I understand
and accept myself as whole (strong, forgiven and forgiving, healed, capable), I
am wise to put all my zeros behind me. That
is, I am able to acknowledge that they happened, but they no longer drive or
dictate my thoughts and behavior. And,
just like in math, the more zeros I put behind me, the more I continue grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment