Monday, September 30, 2013
Rising Above SEE Level
This morning I am thinking about how, when I was a little girl, I used to
love to lie down on the grass in the yard and look up at the sky. I watched the clouds forming and transforming
into various shapes, driven by the unseen wind.
With my eyes scanning the vast expanse, I tried to fathom just how high
and how wide it must be. Beyond the
immeasurable blue veil, I envisioned that there was a glorious place I had been
taught about called Heaven. And I would
speak from my heart to the awesome God Who created all things, as far as my
eyes could see and beyond. I talked to
God about everything. It never occurred
to me that any concern or request might be too silly, too small, or too big to
share. For instance I remember once
praying for my puppy to be healed because he was very sick, and I didn’t want
him to die. I was fully convinced that
God was real, that He knew me, that He cared about me, and that He was great
enough to do absolutely anything. It was
as simple as that. I must confess,
however, that it didn’t stay that way.
Truthfully, my faith walk got to be ridiculously complicated over the
years. As I reflect on the possible
reasons, it all seems to come down to this—my focus shifted from God to
myself. I spent less and less time
praying and trusting, but more and more time trying to figure and work things
out on my own. Gradually and
increasingly, I bought into the faulty idea that there was a dichotomy between
spiritual things (which God cared about) and all the other stuff (which I
needed to handle). Moreover, I abandoned
the practice of diligently seeking an invisible God as I adopted a mindset of
“seeing is believing.” Rather than
walking by faith, most of my decisions and actions were based on what I could see
with my natural eyes. But lots of times,
what I could see definitely did not lead to believing. Instead it led to fear, confusion and
discouragement. Today my faith has been
quickened upon hearing this precious, loving exhortation in my spirit: “Trust Me.
Every sincere desire of your heart will be realized, the more you rise above SEE
level.” I know exactly what this
means. It means I am being called to a
revival of childlike trust, through which I am convinced that God is real, that He
knows me, that He cares about me, and that He is great enough to do absolutely
anything...if I will just BELIEVE. Right now, I
believe I am going to find someplace with a view of the sky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment