Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Favorite Four-Letter Word

This morning I am thinking about one of my favorite four-letter words: HOPE. If you know me at all, you know how much I loved my big brother and saying "goodbye" to him yesterday was harder than I can adequately express. So, I drove to the beach and just sat for a while, watching clouds move slowly across the sky. It occurred to me that something similar is happening in my spirit. Little by little, an unseen wind is pushing away clouds of heaviness and sorrow. The name of that wind is HOPE. I am catching glimpses of blue sky as intermittent cloudiness yields to increasing clarity. Behind the clouds, I see the counsel, friendship, and support my brother gave me through the years...and I am so thankful. I know that this precious love gift named Anthony has been instrumental in preparing me for a beautiful, purposeful life of love and ministry--just as we had prayed, believed, and HOPED. I know he will be so proud of me.

Original post date:  July 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment