Monday, December 3, 2012
Not Enough Penguins in the World
This morning I am thinking about a quote from a student named Austin, which I had jotted down in a notebook. He said, “I calculate that there are not enough Penguins in the world to overcome Batman.” Right now, I honestly cannot recall what the assignment was that brought him to that revelation. But, I’m so thankful for having captured his thought. Today it provided me with some much needed joy and confidence, as I imagined applying it to my own life. First, I thought about trying to add up the number of times I have fallen short of goals and dreams. Then I pictured myself subtracting the troubles and tragedies that could have destroyed me, but from which I was spared by grace. Next, I envisioned dividing my weakness from Christ’s strength and my fickleness from His faithfulness. Finally, I saw myself multiplying in love, faith, and wisdom through my many trials and tests. Upon reflection, I calculate that there are not enough challenges, disappointments, setbacks, heartaches, or any other fears and foes in the world that can overcome the steadfast, prevailing love and power of my awesome God! To that I say, “Amen.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment