Friday, December 28, 2012
Beyond Words
This morning I am thinking about how grateful I am for God’s steadfast love and grace, in spite of myself. With two weeks off for Christmas break, I have intentionally planned to take advantage of uninterrupted time to just be still and pray. In doing so, I have been made painfully aware of a myriad of matters that I had put on the “back burner”, so to speak. There were questions and concerns that I urgently wanted to express, but I suppose I was saving them for a time when I could really break them down and explain to God in detail. These were conversations that couldn’t be rushed because they had implications for reconciliation with my past, restoration in my present, and revelation for my future. Important stuff! What I’ve been finding, however, is that when I begin to share my heart I am at a loss for words…at least a loss of my own words. So, I have pretty much been praying His Word…declaring precepts and promises that have sustained me with faith and hope through many trials, through many years. Other than that, I’ve only been able to weep. (I feel like a wet noodle.) Initially, my inability to “perform” was a bit embarrassing. After all, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted and needed to say in prayer. As I lay quietly last night, I meditated on the words, “My grace is sufficient for you. For My strength is made perfect in your weakness.” So today I am thankful for God’s grace, even when I don’t know the right things to say or to pray. He made me and formed me. He is intimately acquainted with me—every thought, every struggle, every need, every desire, every dream. I am grateful that my powers of persuasion and convincing discourse are not prerequisites for His abundant favor toward me. His amazing love is beyond words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment