Friday, September 21, 2012
Worth Losing Sleep Over
This morning I am thinking about my precious time for prayer and meditation each morning. Sometimes when I awake, I find that I am tethered to a big sack of drowsiness that is filled with an assortment of things. Unresolved issues from the day before. Inadequate rest from staying up too late or waking up too often. Thoughts about the day ahead. Challenges I don’t want to face. Pain I wish I could forget. Sometimes I just want to lie there and surrender to the alluring call of more sleep. Yet, from deep within my soul I also hear another call. In the silence and stillness of the early morning, Someone waits for me. Just turning my thoughts toward Him brings a shift. My spirit is quickened. A medley of praise, adoration, and thanksgiving may erupt from my lips. I may confide in Him my hopes and desires or ask for His wisdom and direction. Or I may just pour out my heart in tears. But it’s really not what I do that matters. It’s what He does. Each morning, He faithfully invites me to lay down my sack of drowsiness… along with every other burden and care…at His feet. He speaks to me about His purpose and calling. He reminds me that His plans for me are good. He gives me insight and understanding. He comforts, encourages, and reassures me that I never really lose when I walk in Love. He strengthens and equips me with the “daily bread” of His grace, mercy, and provision. When I move forward in faith to start my day, I don’t ever regret the time spent in His presence. I know that catching a few more winks is no comparison. Taking the time to seek Him, no matter how early, is definitely worth losing sleep over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment