Friday, September 14, 2012

Speaking to the Not-Yet-Born

I am thinking about my new grandson, Princeton.  From the moment I learned that my daughter and son-in-law (Ari and Jermaine) were expecting a little boy, I started talking, reading, and singing to the baby.  I let him know how much I looked forward to meeting him.  I shared with him that there will be so many wonderful things to see, and do, and learn.  I talked to him about my family and how much fun we have whenever we get together.  I told him that he was beautiful, gifted, anointed, and deeply loved.  Sometimes I even posed questions to him.  And I prayed for him.  Ari and I enjoyed a good laugh the other night when she recalled telling me one day, “Mom, he doesn’t have ears yet.”  To that, I replied, “But he has a soul.”  So, when I finally got to physically meet Princeton last Sunday, we were not strangers.  Upon hearing my voice for the first time outside the womb, he opened his little eyes!  My connection with this precious little miracle was confirmed, and I knew that his life would manifest every faith-filled affirmation I had spoken…and would speak…over him.  As I reflect on this, I am quickened in my awareness of how important it is that I speak to other things not yet born, both physically and spiritually.  I am earnestly praying today that God will open my eyes.  I desire to see the beauty of His potential and purpose in the people and situations He has placed around me.  I am so grateful for how He speaks to me in my own imperfection, telling me that I am accepted, forgiven, whole, anointed and deeply loved.  Rather than taking a passive, wait-and-see attitude, I pray that I will boldly speak words of life and light in my world--even to those things that “don’t have ears yet.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment