This morning I am thinking about the limousine ride to my brother's Homegoing Celebration. Since I was the first one in, I had a seat with my back to the driver. This gave me the powerful and timely perspective of looking backward while moving forward. As we passed three different streets, I saw the same sign: "Humps Ahead." It occurred to me that these "humps" had actually already been passed! My position (facing backward) was passive, but my direction (moving forward) was active. I understand that life circumstances will sometimes place me in the backward-facing position of reflecting, remembering, and reminiscing. At such times, the "signs" I see, whether ominous or favorable, might confuse me and make me want to stop or reverse direction. At such times, I pray to learn the lessons that are revealed from my temporary position and trust the Driver to continually guide me in the direction of my destined purpose. #movingforward
Original post date: July 12, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment