Friday, November 6, 2015

Re-establishing Lost Connections

This morning I am thinking about an error message that flashed on the screen of my phone yesterday when I was attempting to check emails.  The words said, “Re-establishing lost connection.”  It wasn’t the first time I’d seen that message.  I knew it meant I had been in a dead zone, where my phone could not access a wireless network.  I have come to recognize two tell-tale signs that I am probably standing in a dead zone.  The first sign is that a long period of time will pass without me hearing a ring, chime, or buzz alerting me that I’ve received a message.  The second sign is that, when I attempt to send a message, it won’t go through.  When this happens, I know that if I want to send or receive messages, I will have to move from wherever I am to someplace else.   An interesting thing I’ve observed is, once I leave a dead zone, numerous email and text messages that had been previously sent—but not yet received by me—will suddenly begin to appear.  This was my big “aha” as I sat meditating during my quiet time.  Lately, I have found myself in some spiritual and emotional dead zones; sporadically separated by time, distance, and busy-ness from the genuine life-giving, loving relationships for which I often pray.   Well, today, a question rose up in my spirit, so sweet and so clear:  “Where are you standing?”  I literally got up and danced around, before being overcome with laughter at the curious gaze of my Chihuahua.  The message that came through for me was this:  I have the power and choice to reposition myself.  When I discern that I am in a dead zone, I am free to move to places where true kinships and friendships are established, re-established, and perfected…to places where connections are pure and strong.  I will know where I’m standing when evidence of answers to this prayer—previously sent, but not yet received by me—suddenly begin to manifest.  I can hardly wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment