This morning I am thinking about my recent conversation with a colleague,
during which we were both gushing with adoration for our grandchildren. She shared that when her grandsons spend the
night at her house, one of their routines is a story before bedtime. One night she told the boys, “I am going to
give you a bonus.” And she read a second
bedtime story to them. So now, whenever she
finishes reading a book, the boys will say, “Grammy, we want a bonus!” She beamed as she said, “Of course they
always get the bonus, too.” It occurs to
me that I want to live a bonus kind of life…the kind that goes beyond the
limits of minimal expectations, whether self-imposed or suggested by others. There was a season in which “just okay” and
“good enough” were subtle, silent partners in an assassination attempt on my
anointed, favored destiny. But, one day
my eyes were enlightened, and my understanding was opened to the truth that my
God is able to do exceeding,
abundantly above all that I can ask or think, according to the power
that works in me (Ephesians 3:20). If
that doesn’t scream “bonus,” I don’t know what does! When I ask in faith and confident trust, He
beams with delight to answer with MORE.
May I never again settle for less than all He has purposed for me to do,
to have, and to become.
No comments:
Post a Comment