Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Thing About Hope

This morning I am thinking about hope.  In my life, I have found that hope is like a familiar friend who coaxes or pushes me beyond my fear to believe and do things that I otherwise would not.  Many times I have been blessed to be a witness, as that which seemed highly unlikely became reality.  And hope was there, as though celebrating with me, saying, “See?  I told you so.”  There have also been times when I was disappointed because of dreams and desires deferred.  Still, hope was there, pointing out all that I had learned and the ways I had grown while daring to pursue the “impossible.”  That’s one thing about hope.  It always draws my focus to the positive and the potential.  Lately hope seems to be particularly excited and active.  It has been speaking to me through dreams and through songs.  It has been alerting me that the time has come to move out from a season of deep healing into a new level of grace, favor, and blessings.  That’s another thing about hope.  It always calls me forward…always just in the nick of time, before safe turns into stuck.  Today, hope is speaking to me about the manifestation of miracles.  It is agreeing with me as I pray for family and friends, and even as I lift up my own personal petitions.  It is reminding me of the steadfast, irrefutable promises I can claim by faith.  That’s the thing about hope.  It is inextricably tied to my almighty, ever faithful, merciful, loving God.  Just as He is strong, unfailing, and eternal, so is my hope.  Amen.      

No comments:

Post a Comment