Thursday, February 7, 2013
The Dream
This morning I am thinking about an intriguing dream I had. At the start of the dream, I was in a room that seemed rather small. At the very top of one wall, there was a window with an opening through which those of us in the room could see the bright, clear blue sky above. Although I’m not sure why, others in the room were in agreement, encouraging me that I could and should go through the window. I expressed my doubt and reluctance with, “I can’t.” One of the people in the room said, “You did it before,” to which I replied, “Yes, but I was younger and stronger then.” Still, their urging was incessant and, before I knew it, I had somehow reached high enough to grab hold of the ledge of the window. In one seemingly seamless motion, I pulled myself up and used my legs to catapult myself out of the room completely. I looked back and could not imagine how in the world I had done that! Upon waking, I was filled with a sense of great wonder. I began to pray about what the dream meant. Although the answer to that is not yet altogether certain, the dream definitely has me reflecting on my faith. I am (and have been) in a place of waiting. I am waiting for restoration and revelation. I am waiting for the manifestation of answers to prayer. Truth be known, this place of waiting can feel a lot like a prison to which I have been consigned indefinitely, like a place that I would do well to “just get used to.” The subtle seduction of doubt is a constant threat here. But God’s Word has reached me, reminding me of His unending faithfulness and how He has brought me out so many times before. Perhaps the dream represents how His Word is exhorting me to apply my faith until that which seems impossible becomes a glorious testimony. Perhaps the dream is to encourage me that it is time to emerge from this place of waiting into the fulfillment of precious promises, according to my faith. I hope so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment